Blog # 47 February 24, 2018
Blog # 47 February 24, 2018
FUNCTION WITH UNCTION
( Part 3 of 3 )
Life brings a lot of twists and turns on our journey...a lot of unexpected stuff. Some things shake us to the foundation. (I’m glad my house is built on a solid foundation.) Sometimes we are lower than a snake’s belly. Well, children of the King, we can’t stay there. We have within us the power to get up and get going. It may take some grit and determination on our part; but, never underestimate God’s miraculous power working in us to bring the victory. “Everyday is a victory day when you put it in the hands of the Lord”...a line from a chorus I use to sing.
Here are the last eleven spiritual vitamin pills, making a total of 31; so that, should you decide to print these; you would have one for every day of the month. There’s nothing better than God’s Word, His promises, to make a life turn around; to make a life abound; to make us function with unction!
1. Eph.6:11 “Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”
2. Believe the Word; Believe God’s power; have faith. Eph. 6:16, “Keep the shield of faith with you to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.”
3. “I’ve got confidence; God’s gonna’ see me through. No matter what the case may be, God’s gonna’ fix it for me.” This powerful song was sung by the Downings many years ago. Phil.1:6 reminds us of our confidence, “being confident of this very thing that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”
4. Hebrews 10:35,36 speaks to us about keeping on keeping on. “Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward...so that after...you may receive the promise.”
5. Success requires diligence and discipline. No discipline seems joyful, but afterwards yields the successful fruit, brings the reward, so Hebrews 12:11 records.
6. Psalm 120:1 admonishes us to call on the Lord in our distress. “In my distress I cried to the Lord and He heard me.” You can count on Jesus. He hears and answers our prayers.
7. With every success, every victory, praise the Lord. Even praise Him before the victory, while in the valley of despair. So many of the Psalms begin with “Praise the Lord.” (Ps 111,112,113) Psalm 116:1,2 says “I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.”
8. “Pray without ceasing,” “Ask & ye shall receive.” Nothing is too difficult for Him.
9. Matt. 6:34a, “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things…” The Collingsworth Family sings a song that I love; FEAR NOT TOMORROW. I’m not sure what you are going through, but God is already in your tomorrows. He will take care of you. Remember what Karen Peck tells us. When He’s 4 days late He’s still on time. Mark 5:36 tells us “Do not be afraid; only believe.”
10. Keep hope alive. Is. 49:23 tells us that God has promised those who hope in Him will not be disappointed.
11. Make your faith great. Have great faith. Jesus spoke an awesome Word to the Syrophoenician woman. He said in Matt. 15:28, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour. He is no respecter of persons; man or woman with great faith can see mountains moved.